LAP is a federally funded program that provides language development to English Learners and provides access to after school programs. Our students attend 15 sessions of language development and as a reward are invited on a college visit where they will receive a tour of the campus as well as participate in other great activities.
I hope you are able to join us on this day. I would also like to extend an invitation to you to be one of our mentors at our culmination. As a mentor, you would sit with a group of six to ten students to share your own or your ancestor’s story of coming to this country.
Focus of Mentor Sessions:
• Share your story or that of your ancestors.
• Let students know that you empathize with them.
• Share your path towards obtaining a college degree (AA, BA, MA, etc.).
• Emphasize the importance of attending school.
The mentor sessions will be conducted from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. therefore if your time is limited please join us for this one-hour period. However, please know that we would love for you to join us for the entire program.
Language in Action, Program Coordinator
Beyond the Bell Branch
(213) 241-3111 firstname.lastname@example.org